- Olive oil
- 1 lb bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-in strips
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 8 oz mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated garlic
- 1/8 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb spaghettini
- 3/4 c grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 c thinly sliced basil, plus basil leaf garnish
- White truffle oil (opt)
- Brussels sprouts
Boil water, heat oil
Add bacon to oil, cook at moderate heat until golden brown, about 8 mins
Add onion, stir occasionally, cook 3 mins
Add mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper
Cook 5 mins, stir in vinegar
Cook the pasta al dente; drain but reserve 1 c pasta water
Put pasta and that water back in the pot
Add the other ingredients and toss.
Plate it, garnish with basil leaves, parmigiano and truffle oil.
Trim / cut brussels sprouts, cook in olive oil with garlic, almonds and a little salt.