Photos and cinematography by smboro
Below-the-Hurricane-Belt Stir Fry
- one 3″ piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T corn starch
- cooking oil
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs, thinly sliced in 3/4″ pieces
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c chopped green bell pepper
- 2 c chopped bok choi or other Asian greens / spinach etc
- 2 c cooked jasmine rice (add 2 T chicken bouillon powder to the water for extra flavor / color)
- 1/2 c cashews or peanuts
- Sriracha or other hot sauce
DirectionsMarinate chicken pieces in the soy sauce and starch (mix well), let sit at room temp 10 m.
Heat oil in wok or pan on medium-high. When hot, add half of the ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 s or until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir-fry until nearly done, about 3-4 m.
Heat oil in wok or pan on medium-high. When hot, add half of the ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 s or until aromatic. Add chopped onions/peppers and stir-fry 5 m or until just a little bit tender.
Add bok choi, stir-fry 1-2 m or until it starts to wilt. Add nuts and cooked chicken, and mix all ingredients in the wok. Stir in more soy sauce to taste. Stir-fry until chicken is done.
Serve with jasmine rice and your favorite hot sauce as desired!