Photos and cinematography by smboro
Curaçao Sea Bass Tacos with Lime Crema Sauce
- 1 lb sea bass or mild white fish, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 c grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T sriracha sauce
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t cayenne
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 t salt
- corn tortillas
- oil for cooking
- Crumbled cotija cheese, or grate other mild Mexican cheese
- In a small dish, combine seasonings: 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and evenly sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of the fish.
- Mix the chopped veg and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Heat oil on medium in a pan. Sauté fish, cooking each side 4-6 m until done.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, in a dry pan on medium heat, 30 s per side.
- Place a piece of fish in a tortilla.
- Spread a few tablespoons of the veg mix on top. Spread a few tablespoons of the lime crema on top.
- Sprinkle cheese, roll tortillas, and enjoy with your favorite Caribbean cerveza!